- Campers must be at least 3 years old to attend
- All Campers must be completely toilet trained
- No diapers, swim diapers or pull ups are allowed
- Each camper must be able to attend to their own personal hygiene needs. Our staff is not allowed to enter the bathroom with the camper.
- Completed registration form along with the $400.00 deposit
- Completed emergency form at the time of registration
- Completed health form must be filled out by the camper’s physician and is due no later than Monday, May 21, 2018. Campers may not attend camp without a completed valid health form on file. All forms are available here.
- Balance must be paid in full by Monday, May 21, 2018.
- A 5% Early Bird Discount applies to camp fees if full payment is received by April 1, 2017. The Early Bird Discount does not apply to the Extended Day Program fees.
- There is a $25.00 Returned Check fee for any returned checks.
- There is a $50.00 late fee to any balance past due after May 21, 2018.
- There is no refund of camp deposits or fees for any reason.
- Please contact Marilyn Macri in the main office for any payment information or camp receipts.
Hours of Operation
Camp is in session from 9:00am until 1:00pm daily, rain or shine.
Camp is not in session on Wednesday, July 4th.
On Thursday, August 16th, camp closes at 12:00pm for all campers.
Lunch and Snack
- One healthy morning snack provided by parents with a cold pack (if perishable.)
- Juice or water is provided by the camp.
- A list of preferred snacks is available from the camp director.
- No peanut butter or peanut products are allowed.
- Campers must bring their own lunch in a disposable bag with their name clearly marked. No lunch boxes, please.
- No thermos, soda bottles or candy is allowed. No glass of any kind is allowed.
- Please send in your own plastic utensils for lunch or snack.
- One (1) towel and one (1) bathing suit. Please be sure to label each item.
- Every camper is required to participate in swim unless his/her counselor is given a written note from the parent or guardian.
- Monday through Friday is instructional swim.
- Please apply sunscreen to your camper prior to camp drop-off.
- If your child requires an Epi-Pen on the premises, please contact Karyn for permission form prior to the start of camp.
- All medications and Permission to Permit Medication forms must be given to the Camp Nurse on the first day your child attends camp.
- If your camper will be absent for the day, please contact the Camp Nurse at 203-322-6941, ext 122 after 8:30am.
- Crocs, flip flops or strapless sandals are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Kiddie Camp does not have an orientation meeting for parents.
What to Bring Daily
- Each camper must bring a back pack with name on it to camp each day.
- For safety reasons, Crocs, Sandals & Flip Flops are not allowed to be worn at camp.
- Each camper must bring a swimsuit(s) and towel for daily swim time.
- Water shoes can be worn in the pool area for swim times.
- For cooler days, a light sweatshirt or sweater
The Italian Center Kiddie Camp has the right to dismiss any camper prior to the start of camp or anytime during the camp season, if the camper’s parents/guardians make unreasonable demands on the camp or mistreats any Italian Center employee.
Disciplinary Action Policy
Any camper causing or becoming a disciplinary problem during camp hours which adversely affects the health, welfare and/or safety of others may be suspended or expelled from camp.
Special Concerns or Circumstances
The staff would like to provide all campers with a fun safe environment. If there is any information that could be beneficial to assist the staff in helping your camper, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide the camp director with this information prior to the start of camp. This includes but is not limited to any medical condition, health concerns, social/behavioral concerns or any family situations.
Sick Camper Policy:
Unfortunately, the summer campers do get sick from time to time. The following is the camp guideline and policy for when a camper is permitted to return to camp…
FEVER – Camper must have a normal temperature (98.6) for at least 24 hours
DIARRHEA – No loose stool for a period of 24 hours.
VOMITING – Camper must be free from any vomiting for at least 24 hours and must have resumed regular diet.
PINK EYE – Symptoms include itchy, redness, drainage or crusty discharge. Camper must immediately begin the medication once it is prescribed by the doctor and must continue the medication for 24 hours. Proof of treatment is required before the camper can return to camp.
STREP THROAT – Camper must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to camp.
Camper Drop Off and Pick Up
- Drop off and pick up will be in the rear of the Ic bymnasium.lease use the gym entrance at the Italian Center membership entrance.
- Drop off is between 9:00am and 9:15am.
- All campers must be signed in and out daily.
- Kiddie camp will be held under the tent i nthe grassy area adjacent to the indoor pool.
- We do allow parents to enter the room on the first day to assist their child.
- Pick-up is between 12:50 and 1:00pm. There is a $5.00 late fee that will be assessed for every 5 minutes of late pick-up. Please notify us if you expect to be late.
- If anyone other than a parent/guardian will be picking up your campers, we ask that you submit this in writing to your counselor.
Campers with Allergies
Any allergies should be disclosed on the registration form and the health form.
Any camper with food allergies must provide their own snacks / foods on a daily basis.
The Italian Center Kiddie Camp is a peanut free environment.
Additionally, an emergency healthcare plan for allergies, which must be filled out by a doctor, must be obtained from the Camp Director prior to the start of camp.
The Italian Center adheres to a racially, non-discriminatory policy. Applicants are accepted regardless of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin.