Spring 2017 Try Outs and Registration
Friday, April 28
Practice begins May 1st
The Italian Center Orcas Swim Team encompasses all ages and levels of ability and is structured to provide careful development and steady progression through the stages of competitive swimming. The Orcas Swim Team is a registered member of USA Swimming, Inc. (USS). All swimmers will compete in the USS swimming sanctioned meets.
Tryouts and registration for new swimmers are conducted prior to every season. Members and non-members can participate on the team from September through May. Our summer swim team is for members only.
Head Coach, Ausra McKenna, a Lithuanian Olympic Swim team member, brings over 25 years of coaching experience to the team, having previously coached in both Europe and the United States. Several of Ausra’s swimmers have qualified for USA National and Junior National meets, and have achieved collegiate All American status.
The Orcas swim program is divided into 7 different levels mostly by ability.
- Swim Team Tryouts: September for Fall/Winter, May for Spring/Summer
- Pre-Requisites: Must be able to swim all four basic strokes
- Maximum Participants: 100
- Swim Meets: Approximately two swim meets per month which occur on weekends
- Ages: 5-18 yrs. old
- Required Equipment: Training Bathing Suit (one piece), Bathing Cap
For more information, please contact Head Coach Ausra McKenna at: