If you are interested in potential employment opportunities at The Italian Center of Stamford then please contact Nicole Chiappetta at firstname.lastname@example.org for open positions.
You may download the application to the right and return it to the Italian Center for consideration.
Assistant Director, Early Childhood Education
The IC is seeking an Assistant Director for the Education Station, a new Early Childhood Education Center. This position begins part-time in June 2018 and turns to full-time position in September 2018.
The Assistant Director collaborates with the program Director in day to day operations, supervising ECE staff and enforcing rules and regulations of the program and facility. The Assistant Director is responsible for all aspects of the program in the Director’s absence.
Some of the exciting duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Director include (but are not limited to):
- Part-time role in classroom as needed to meet state mandated ratio.
- Work with Director to provide a quality program that takes into consideration the needs of each child and the goals and objectives of the Education Station, as well as local, state, federal regulations, and Connecticut Preschool Assessment Framework/Creative Curriculum.
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment that fosters positive learning experiences and inspires children to succeed.
- Speak with prospective parents about qualities and benefits of the program, conduct tours and assist in program registration.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and scheduling staff for ECE program.
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy setting that fosters children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague).
- Fulfill requirements by the State of Connecticut to attend continuing education classes including, but not limited to, professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops and seminars to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Must have State of Connecticut Head Teacher credentials.
- Bachelors in Early Childhood Ed, Education or Human Development.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching in Early Childhood Ed.
- Must submit to and pass state background check.
- Documentation of a physical examination and a negative TINE test, valid within one year of employment is mandatory.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and crisis situations effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to properly instruct children and maintain a cohesive learning environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic recordkeeping via ipad and technology programs.
- Capability or ability to learn to assess children, and their development through the Preschool Assessment Framework, and Creative Curriculum.
- Ability to supervise and be a leader who motivates and inspires staff.
- Ability to work as a team with Director and teaching staff.
- Must be responsive and flexible to the needs of the program.
Lifeguard Job Summary: Monitor activities in swimming areas and pool decks to prevent accidents and provide assistance and protection to swimmers as well as other members in pool areas.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Caution swimmers regarding prohibited conduct
*Rescue endangered swimmers using authorized techniques and equipment
*Administer authorized life-saving procedures if necessary
*Assist supervisor in shutting down and re-opening pools when necessary
*Follow procedures for safe use of pool chemicals, cleaners and equipment
*Complete and maintain records of weather conditions and all relevant incident information
All applicants must –
*Possess current Red Cross lifeguard training certification
*Have ability to apply learned skills to actual situations
*Have ability to follow directions and interact well with staff, members and guests
If you are certified, dependable and professional, please submit your application and/or resume
- 1 year – Newly certified will also be considered
Required license or certification:
- Lifeguard Certification
Salary commensurate with experience
Day Camp Counselors
Group Counselors will work with various camp groups throughout the day.
Junior Counselors must be 16 years-old by June 25.
Senior Counselors must have completed high school (or equivalent) and have previous relevant experience.
Activity Counselors must have college or teaching experience in one of the following activities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Sports – fitness, baseball, soccer and/or zumba
To apply for a Camp Counselor position, Italian Center Day Camp Job Application.
For more information, please contact Karyn Wahnowsky at email@example.com
The Italian Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.